The sloth is known as being the laziest one in the jungle. They are laid back, inactive, and all round lethargic. So if you had to find out what animal you are in the workforce, would you be surprised that you are the sloth? Or did you already know that you have slothful tendencies?
Maybe you’re the exact opposite and that desk job won’t bring you down! We’ve gathered a list of easy recipes, exercises, and habits that will not only increase your productivity but also decrease stress while promoting healthy eating habits, even if you spend all day hidden behind your desk.
Time to Eat!
Source: Instagram, @julieyuexu
Let’s face it; ordering out just seems like an easier thing to do when you’re swamped with loads of work. Figure you spend $12 a day for lunch, multiple that by five and you have spent $60 a week. Tally that up for one year and that’s $3,120! That could be a vacation on a tropical island somewhere. Not only will you save money but you could save some inches on your waist as well. People order Chinese, sandwiches, and other unhealthy options — bringing your own lunch will help you get on the right path toward a healthier lifestyle.
- Thai Chicken Roll-Ups
- Homemade Chipotle Burrito Bowl
- Miso Sweet Potato and Broccoli Bowl
- Frozen Fruit Salad
- Smoky Black Bean Dip
Working On Your Fitness
Source: Instagram, @babyxbuu
How many of us want to leave the office and exercise? Probably not many. But what if you could get in a workout while at work? In fact, stepping away from your desk after 90 minutes of work can increase your productivity and give you time to let your batteries recharge. Take this time to get in some exercise.
- Core Leg Lift
- Grab a seat and place your legs at a 90-degree angle with your feet on the ground. Lift one leg while keeping the 90-degree angle with a bent knee. Hold this for 15 seconds. Do the other leg. Do three sets today and each day after add another set.
Works out your legs and abs.
- Wall Sits
- Stand against a wall with your back flat against it. Then bend your knees and slide down the wall until they’re at a 90-degree angle. Hold for 15 seconds and gradually as you gain muscle add more time.
Works out your legs and buttocks.
- Place your feet shoulder width apart and bring your palms together in front of heart center. Press them together until you feel resistance and hold for 30 seconds.
Works out your arms and your inner Zen.
So you don’t want to workout or try a healthier diet? I totally get it! That’s why I’m going to share with you some secrets that I have been using for years that are some of the easiest ways to improve your lifestyle without you even knowing!
- Take the stairs! After a while, it will become old hat and taking the stairs are going to be a breeze. This is a fantastic way to get your blood pumping.
- Park in the farthest spot. You are going to be amazed at how much of a difference those extra 20 feet make pretty quickly.
- Get up and walk to your co-workers instead of sending an email. Just by walking down the hall your metabolism will start working to burn off calories.
- Stop going to restaurants and bring your lunch. Make a sandwich or bring a salad instead of going out for a meal full of sugar and salt. Your belt will thank you.
- Skip the soda! Even diet soda isn’t really good for you. Switch out those sugary drinks for water or black coffee. This is a simple way to cut calories and cut pounds.
Do you have any tips for promoting a healthy lifestyle at work? Share your thoughts with us on our Facebook page.